Dead Trees

Cedar Ridge Ranch Neighorhood Discussions

Dead Trees

Postby fredtal » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:23 am

Had both Cal Fire and PGE inspect my place and found dead and dying trees, all invested with beetles. Same here in Texas where the drought weakend and killed several trees. Just wondering how the rest of you have faired. Will there be any trees there when I retire?
fredtal

Re: Dead Trees

Postby Jay Bunten » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:04 pm

I received a letter from Tuolumne County OES today regarding the dead and dying trees. They said that Country OES, PG&E, CALTRANS and TUD are clearing trees. Each agency has its own requirements as follows:

County OES: any tree that can fall and hit a county maintained road or county owned infrastructure. (200 ft from the road)
PG&E: any tree that could knock down their power lines.
Caltrans: 100 ft from the center line on each side of the highway.
TUD: any tree that threatens their infrastructure.

The letter also contained an FAQ section along with a "Right of Entry Permit" that will give (in the case County OES) access to one's property. Without the permit they won't remove trees on your property. They asked that a signed permit be returned to them by September 20, 2016.

There was also a website where you can get further information: http://www.tuolumnecounty.ca.gov and click on Tree Mortality.

You can also call: 209-533-6394 should you have any questions.
The Wizard,
Jay
Jay Bunten
Site Admin

Postby Paradise13 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:14 am

Jay,

Thanks for the heads up! We received our OES letter today, slight delay since we live in Modesto. We signed the "Right of Entry" form and dropped it in the mail!

My wife and I have our fingers crossed that the only "questionable" tree due to the distance from the road will be taken care off. We are also glad there is a website to help track the tree removal status, sounds like a good plan is in the works.

Thanks for posting the good news!

Jeff
Paradise13

Postby fredtal » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:49 am

I too finally received the letter. Just wish I could be there to know if there are going to be any trees left.
fredtal

Postby fredtal » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:31 pm

When I checked the site this morning I saw the tree cutters were at your place.Image2016-10-24 14_25_34-Web Camera's by Fred, on Flickr
fredtal

Return to CRR-Neighborhood